Instructions for authors and presenters
SoSE 2021 is no longer accepting new submissions. This page provides instructions for authors and presenters of already accepted papers.
Final paper submission (deadline: April 30)
Authors need to upload their final camera-ready papers into EDAS no later than April 30. This includes the following steps:
- Update your draft to handle the improvement recommendations provided by reviewers.
- Ensure that your paper is formatted according to the IEEE conference template.
- Complete the online IEEE Copyright form available through EDAS.
- Register for the conference, including the paper fee and additional page fees (if your paper is more than 6 pages).
- Upload your camera-ready paper.
SoSE 2021 is aiming to be a meeting place for researchers and practitioners in the field. Therefore, we will have live presentations and encourage discussion and interaction between the participants.
It is required that all papers are presented live at the conference, and only presented papers will be transferred to IEEE Xplore for publishing.
Your presentation should be prepared according to the following instructions:
- Each paper will be assigned a 30 min presentation slot, and the detailed schedule will be available in early May.
- The presentation slot includes time for a short introduction by the session chair, the actual presentation, questions from attendees, and time for switching to the next speaker. Therefore, you should prepare for no more than 20 min presentation time.
- We strongly recommend that you do a video recording of your presentation and upload it into EDAS prior to the conference. Note that this video is not a substitute for the live presentation, but it will only be used as an emergency backup in case of technical problems. Also, it allows participants who choose to go to one of the other parallel sessions to watch your presentation afterwards.
- We also strongly recommend that you upload a file with your presentation as a back-up in case of difficulties with screen sharing from your computer, and as a service for participants.
- The copyright transfer only involves your paper to be published by IEEE, and you keep all rights to the video and presentation files.
- In EDAS, add or update the biography description in your profile. This will be used by session chairs when introducing you.