A safe yet rewarding conference is of highest priority, and the organizers are continuously monitoring the development of the Covid-19 pandemic closely. The ambition is to hold a traditional face-to-face conference in Västerås, Sweden June 14-16, 2021, if the situation and regulations allow it. As a back-up, a virtual set-up is also being developed in parallel.
So far, the following decisions have been made regarding the practical organization of the conference:
- SoSE 2021 will in any case take place June 14-16, 2021.
- It will in any case be a live conference, scheduled during daytime according to Central European Time (CET). This means that authors are expected to attend and present their papers in live sessions and discuss their work with the audience.
- If the conference is face-to-face, it will be held in Västerås (greater Stockholm region in Sweden.) To maintain flexibility, the exact venue will be announced later on, but for international delegates, the main point of entry will in any case be Stockholm Arlanda Airport, and the venue and hotels will be easily reachable by public or private transportation.
- If the backup plan of a virtual conference must be used, sessions will be on Zoom. However, the structure of the conference will remain the same, with live parallel sessions.
- A decision whether the conference will be face-to-face or virtual will be made as soon as possible, and no later than April 1, 2021, to give delegates sufficient time to plan their travel.
Please contact the organizers if there are further questions or concerns related to the conference’s Covid-19 strategy.