SoSE 2021 is soliciting contributions in all fields related to System of Systems Engineering. Contributions may be in the form of technical papers reporting scientific results or practical experiences within the field; special sessions containing a focused set of contributions within a sub-topic of the field; or panel discussions. Details about the format of each submission type is provided below.
The key dates for submissions are:
- Nov. 29, 2020: Submission of special session proposals.
- Dec. 13, 2020: Notification for special session proposals.
- Jan. 31, 2021: Submission of technical papers and panel proposals.
- March 14, 2021: Notification for technical papers and panels.
- April 11, 2021: Final paper submission for accepted papers.
Papers of high quality on theories, methodologies, and applications of System of Systems Engineering in science, technology, industry, and education are welcome. Papers should be five to six pages in length, in standard two-column IEEE Conference Proceedings format. Submission will be through an online submission system no later than Jan. 31, 2021. Accepted and presented papers will be published in IEEE Xplore. It is thus required that at least one author of each accepted paper attends the conference and presents the paper.
Special session proposals
Special session proposals should be one to two pages in length. The proposal should contain details about:
- The topic of the session, including a clear motivation why this is relevant to and significant for SoSE.
- The benefits of organizing this as a special session rather than as an ordinary session at the conference.
- How the session will be organized, in terms of total duration, kinds of presentations, presentation length, etc.
- How presenters of the session will be attracted and selected.
- Who the organizers are, including a brief CV, to motivate why they are suitable to organize this session.
Special session proposals should be sent by email to the general chair of the conference no later than Nov. 29, 2020.
Panel discussion proposals
Panel discussion proposals should be one to two pages in length. The proposal should contain details about:
- The topic of the panel, including a clear motivation why this is relevant to and significant for SoSE.
- How the panel will be organized at the conference, including planned duration.
- Who the intended panelists are (including if they have confirmed), and what perspectives they are expected to give on the topic.
- Who the organizers are, including a brief CV, to motivate why they are suitable to organize this panel discussion.
Special session proposals should be sent by email to the general chair of the conference no later than Jan. 31, 2021.