SoSE 2021 is soliciting contributions in all fields related to System of Systems Engineering. Contributions may be in the form of technical papers reporting scientific results or practical experiences within the field; special sessions containing a focused set of contributions within a sub-topic of the field; and interactive sessions (e.g. panel discussions). Details about the format of each submission type is provided below.
The key dates for submissions are:
Feb. 7, 2021: Registration of title and abstract for technical papers in the submission system (EDAS). Feb. 14, 2021: Submission of technical paper manuscripts and interactive session proposals. March 21, 2021: Notification for technical papers and interactive sessions.
- April 30, 2021: Final paper submission for accepted papers.
Papers of high quality on theories, methodologies, and applications of System of Systems Engineering in science, technology, industry, and education are welcome. Papers should be five to six pages in length, in standard two-column IEEE Conference Proceedings format. Accepted and presented papers will be published in IEEE Xplore. It is thus required that at least one author of each accepted paper attends the conference and presents the paper.
Invitations will be made to the authors of the best papers to submit an extended version of their papers to the following journals:
If you have questions related to submissions, feel free to contact the general chair. Please also check the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Special session on Systems of Robotic Systems
The conference will also feature a special session on robotic systems. The submission to this session is the same as for technical papers (see above). For more information about this session, see Special session on Systems of Robotic Systems.
Interactive sessions (e.g. panel discussions) proposals
Interactive sessions can be panel discussions, mini-workshops, or other kinds of events relevant to the topic. Interactive session proposals should be one to two pages in length. The proposal should contain details about:
- The topic of the session, including a clear motivation why this is relevant to and significant for SoSE.
- How the session will be organized at the conference, including planned duration.
- How the audience will be engaged to participate interactively in the session.
- Who the intended participants are (including if they have confirmed), and what perspectives they are expected to give on the topic.
- Who the organizers are, including a brief CV, to motivate why they are suitable to organize this interactive session.
Interactive session proposals should be sent by email to the general chair of the conference no later than Jan. 31, 2021.